Have you ever looked in the mirror and wished you could correct a few tooth-related issues? Cosmetic dentistry services offered in Sherman Oaks, CA, by Dr. Michael Amir and Dr. Larry Hamer of SC Dental Group can help you makeover your smile.
Cosmetic dentistry services and treatments improve the function and appearance of your smile. If you've lost a tooth, want to change the appearance of a few teeth, or need to strengthen or restore a damaged tooth, one of these choices may be right for you:
Dental Implants: Restoring missing teeth with dental implants offers a long-term tooth loss solution. Small titanium posts implanted in your jawbone bond to the bone, becoming a permanent part of your jaw. The posts act as roots for your new teeth and are topped with dental crowns to complete the restoration of your missing teeth.
Bonding: If you have chipped or cracked teeth your dentist may recommend this treatment. Using a dental bonding material, your dentist will fill and reshape your damaged teeth.
Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is an excellent option if your teeth have become dull and stained. Whitening can lighten teeth by three to eight shades and lasts for several years.
Veneers: Veneers offer a simple, yet ingenious, way to conceal tooth imperfections. Thin tooth-shaped shells cemented to the fronts of your teeth hide chips, cracks, discolorations, uneven surfaces, and other flaws. Veneers can also change the shape of teeth, add length to short teeth, close gaps, or whiten all of your teeth.
Renew your smile with cosmetic dentistry in Sherman Oaks, CA! Call Dr. Michael Amir and Dr. Larry Hamer of SC Dental Group at (818) 905-5400 to schedule your appointment.
Invisalign is known for correcting spacing issues with teeth. However, Dr. Michael Amir and Dr. Larry Hamer of SC Dental Group in Sherman Oaks, CA, are asked if Invisalign can correct crooked teeth frequently. Let's discuss what clear aligners can and can't do in terms of crooked teeth.
How Invisalign Works
First, it's vital to know how cleaner aligners work to help you better understand if they fix really crooked teeth. With these clear aligners, you place trays on your teeth that you must wear for a certain number of hours each day. The aligners gradually move your teeth into the correct place because the aligners change shape slightly every time you switch to a new one.
Aligners Impact on Crooked Teeth
Yes, aligners can correct crooked teeth, possibly even really crooked teeth. In fact, they can correct the same issues as braces. Often, even in severe cases, Invisalign can successfully fix crooked teeth.
However, either Dr. Amir or Dr. Hamer will thoroughly evaluate your teeth and use a computerized program to predict the results of Invisalign to determine if correction with invisible aligners is possible. This ensures the treatment has the potential to be successful and to what degree.
Time it Takes
How long a Sherman Oaks, CA, dentist recommends clear aligners depends on your specific situation. Typically, more severely crooked teeth require longer durations with the trays.
It could take up to two years to correct your teeth if they're really crooked. On average, it takes between 12 and 18 months, though. Your dentist will give you a prediction at the beginning of your treatment to help you decide if this method of tooth correction is right for you.
Both Dr. Hamer and Dr. Amir offer clear aligners to correct crooked teeth. They may even recommend this option if you have one or more severely crooked teeth. Fortunately, with these trays, the treatment is fully customizable. Plus, they can complete the entire process at their SC Dental Group office in Sherman Oaks, CA.
Schedule an appointment today with SC Dental Group to discuss if clear aligners can fix your crooked smile by calling 818-905-5400.
Achieving the smile of your dreams is easier now than ever. Your dentist can offer several cosmetic dentistry options for you to restore your smile or achieve the smile you have always dreamed of. One of the easiest ways to restore your teeth is with veneers in Sherman Oaks, CA; Encino, CA. Dr. Michael Amir and Dr. Larry Hamer of SC Dental Group can help. Keep reading to learn more about this exciting restoration process.
What Is Dental Restoration?
Dental restoration is any dental procedure used to restore cosmetic quality to your teeth. These types of procedures are not necessarily involved with restoring the health of teeth but are rather focused on making already healthy teeth look their best. Veneers in Sherman Oaks, CA; Encino, CA are a great way to accomplish this.
This type of procedure involves the application of thin ceramic shells to the visible part of teeth. This shell can be used to improve the color, shape, and even size of the teeth. When teeth are discolored, misshapen, or sized differently, it can make it difficult to achieve a uniform, attractive smile. This process will help you bring uniform size, shape, and color to all of your teeth.
How Is This Process Done?
The first step will be to clean the teeth thoroughly and to examine the teeth for overall health. It is important that the teeth are not severely damaged. Next, the surface of the teeth will be filed so that the shell will adhere more evenly and more thoroughly to the surface. Once the shell has been placed, the dentist will shape the shell to the exact shape and size you desire.
How To Care For Teeth
Once you have undergone this process, it is important that you care for your teeth properly. You should not bite or chew on anything hard as the ceramic used to create the shell can break. You should brush and floss your teeth regularly to keep teeth healthy and clean.
If you would like to learn more about veneers in Sherman Oaks, CA; Encino, CA, please contact Dr. Amir and Dr. Hamer at SC Dental Group by calling 818-905-5400.
Contouring and reshaping offer a simple, effective solution for many issues that affect the appearance of your smile. Dr. Larry Hamer and Michael Amir of SC Dental Group offer cosmetic dentistry treatment at their Sherman Oaks, CA, dental office.
How contouring and reshaping can improve your smile
Contouring and reshaping involve removing small amounts of tooth enamel to remove minor imperfections or change the shape or length of teeth. Before contouring and reshaping begin, your dentist will mark the area of tooth enamel he'll remove. Using a sanding drill or laser, he'll eliminate problem areas, then polish your teeth. Because tiny areas of tooth enamel are removed, you won't feel a thing and won't need local anesthesia.
Contouring and reshaping are often paired with bonding, a cosmetic treatment that also improves the way your teeth look. Adding flexible composite resin to your teeth can change the shape and length of teeth or improve their appearance. The substance is tinted to match the color of your teeth and becomes just as hard as tooth enamel when it's exposed to a curing light.
If you have a cavity or another dental issue, the problems will need to be addressed before you can receive a cosmetic dentistry treatment in the Sherman Oaks, CA, dental office.
Contouring and reshaping is an excellent option if:
- You have a pointy tooth: Small points at the bottoms of teeth can be easily removed with contouring and reshaping.
- Your teeth overlap: Do you have slight overlaps between a few teeth? Contouring and reshaping can eliminate overlapping areas and enhance your appearance. Overlapping areas affect tooth appearance and increase your risk of tooth decay. Cavities may develop if plaque becomes trapped in these spots.
- You're concerned about symmetry: A crooked tooth or a tooth that's just a little too long can affect the symmetry of your smile. Removing a small amount of tooth enamel makes a slightly crooked tooth look straighter or a long tooth more uniform.
- You have a chipped tooth: Chips can occur due to wear and tear, eating hard foods or ice, or even using your teeth to open a package. Fortunately, it only takes a few minutes to smooth away unsightly chips with contouring and reshaping.
- Your bite has changed: Bite changes aren't uncommon as you get older. Unfortunately, even a slight change in the way your teeth fit together can cause jaw stiffness, pain, or headaches. Contouring and reshaping offer a simple way to counter the effects of bite changes and improve your comfort.
Are you ready to renew your smile with contouring and reshaping or another cosmetic dentistry treatment? Call (818) 905-5400 to schedule an appointment with your Sherman Oaks, CA, dentists, Dr. Hamer, and Dr. Amir of SC Dental Group.
Are you ready to replace a missing tooth? Dental implants offered by your Sherman Oaks, CA, dentists, Dr. Michael Amir and Dr. Larry Hamer of SC Dental Group, provide many benefits for your smile.
What are dental implants?
Thanks to dental implants, it's now possible to replace your entire missing tooth, not just the crown (top). The process starts when your dentist places titanium posts in your jawbone during a minor oral surgical procedure. These posts, commonly called implants, begin to osseointegrate, or bond, to your jawbone. Once the posts are firmly attached to the bone, they'll serve as sturdy roots for your new teeth. Dental crowns, synthetic restorations that replace the tops of your missing teeth, are connected to the implants, completing the restoration of your missing teeth.
What advantages do dental implants provide?
Restoring both the roots and the crowns of missing teeth with dental implants offer these benefits for Sherman Oaks, CA, area residents:
- Natural Appearance: Your crowns are made from an impression of your mouth to ensure that your new teeth look perfectly natural.
- Excellent Biting Power: Your biting power can suffer if you choose a restoration method that only replaces your crowns. Adding strong roots gives your new teeth the ability to bite, grind, tear and chew a variety of foods with ease.
- No Slipping: You won't have to worry about irritation caused by a slipping restoration when you opt for dental implants. Your new teeth won't wobble, slip or slide even if you chew hard or tough foods.
- A Strong Jawbone: Your tooth roots press on your jawbone, which helps it stay strong. Unfortunately, stimulation decreases when you lose teeth, which can cause the bone to weaken and shrink. Eventually, you may lose teeth or notice sagging in the lower part of your face due to this issue. Adding dental implants prevents changes to your jawbone. Your implants provide constant stimulation that helps the bone stay strong.
- Ease of Care: Caring for your new teeth is quick and simple. In fact, you'll treat them just like your natural teeth. You'll need to brush and floss every day to remove plaque. Flossing around the base of your implants is particularly important and can help you avoid an infection that could loosen them.
Replace your missing teeth with dental implants! Call your dentists in Sherman Oaks, CA, Dr. Michael Amir, and Dr. Larry Hamer of SC Dental Group, at (818) 905-5400 to schedule your appointment.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.