Posts for: May, 2019
Invisalign offers the perfect solution if you want to straighten your teeth but don't want to wear metal or ceramic braces. The discreet orthodontic system is offered by your dentists, Drs. Michael Amir and Larry Hamer of SC Dental Group in Sherman Oaks, CA—a practice that not only serves Sherman Oaks patients, but also helps people in the entire Encino area care for their smiles!
Is Invisalign the right choice for me?
Working without wires or brackets, Invisalign is an excellent option if you want to straighten crooked teeth or correct a bite issue but don't want to drastically change your appearance. Using practically invisible, removable aligner trays rather than traditional metal materials, Invisalign gradually shifts teeth on both the upper and lower jaw into their proper positions.
Invisalign may be the right choice for you if:
- You Don't Like the Way Your Teeth Look: Invisalign can correct crowding issues, close gaps between your teeth, and straighten crooked teeth.
- You Have a Bite Problem: Invisalign is very effective in correcting bite problems, including overbites, open bites, crossbites, and underbites. Bite problems can occur even if your teeth look straight, and they can cause headaches, jaw pain, and enamel erosion if they aren't treated by your Sherman Oaks dentist.
- You Want an Adjustment-Free Straightening Option: Adjustments, a crucial aspect of wearing metal or ceramic braces, aren't needed if you choose Invisalign. Adjusting brace wires helps your teeth move into the proper position if you wear traditional braces. The Invisalign system uses a series of aligner trays that exert constant pressure on your teeth, gradually realigning them.
- Comfort is Important to You: Invisalign aligner trays are made of flexible, comfortable plastic to make wearing the trays a pleasant experience.
- Your Teeth Have Shifted: Invisalign can help you handle shifting teeth, a common problem during adulthood. If your teeth have moved a little, Invisalign treatment will restore your normal alignment in as little as a year.
- You Want a Flexible Straightening Option: Although you'll usually wear your trays from 20 to 22 hours per day, you can remove them occasionally. If you'll be playing or practicing your favorite sport or attending a prom, wedding, or any other special event, you can take your trays out for a few hours without affecting your progress.
Give us a call!
Are you ready to transform your smile with Invisalign? Call your Sherman Oaks and Encino, CA, dentists, Drs. Michael Amir and Larry Hamer of SC Dental Group, at (818) 905-5400 to schedule an appointment!