Posts for tag: Bonding
Have you ever looked in the mirror and wished you could correct a few tooth-related issues? Cosmetic dentistry services offered in Sherman Oaks, CA, by Dr. Michael Amir and Dr. Larry Hamer of SC Dental Group can help you makeover your smile.
Cosmetic dentistry services and treatments improve the function and appearance of your smile. If you've lost a tooth, want to change the appearance of a few teeth, or need to strengthen or restore a damaged tooth, one of these choices may be right for you:
Dental Implants: Restoring missing teeth with dental implants offers a long-term tooth loss solution. Small titanium posts implanted in your jawbone bond to the bone, becoming a permanent part of your jaw. The posts act as roots for your new teeth and are topped with dental crowns to complete the restoration of your missing teeth.
Bonding: If you have chipped or cracked teeth your dentist may recommend this treatment. Using a dental bonding material, your dentist will fill and reshape your damaged teeth.
Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is an excellent option if your teeth have become dull and stained. Whitening can lighten teeth by three to eight shades and lasts for several years.
Veneers: Veneers offer a simple, yet ingenious, way to conceal tooth imperfections. Thin tooth-shaped shells cemented to the fronts of your teeth hide chips, cracks, discolorations, uneven surfaces, and other flaws. Veneers can also change the shape of teeth, add length to short teeth, close gaps, or whiten all of your teeth.
Renew your smile with cosmetic dentistry in Sherman Oaks, CA! Call Dr. Michael Amir and Dr. Larry Hamer of SC Dental Group at (818) 905-5400 to schedule your appointment.
Contouring and reshaping offer a simple, effective solution for many issues that affect the appearance of your smile. Dr. Larry Hamer and Michael Amir of SC Dental Group offer cosmetic dentistry treatment at their Sherman Oaks, CA, dental office.
How contouring and reshaping can improve your smile
Contouring and reshaping involve removing small amounts of tooth enamel to remove minor imperfections or change the shape or length of teeth. Before contouring and reshaping begin, your dentist will mark the area of tooth enamel he'll remove. Using a sanding drill or laser, he'll eliminate problem areas, then polish your teeth. Because tiny areas of tooth enamel are removed, you won't feel a thing and won't need local anesthesia.
Contouring and reshaping are often paired with bonding, a cosmetic treatment that also improves the way your teeth look. Adding flexible composite resin to your teeth can change the shape and length of teeth or improve their appearance. The substance is tinted to match the color of your teeth and becomes just as hard as tooth enamel when it's exposed to a curing light.
If you have a cavity or another dental issue, the problems will need to be addressed before you can receive a cosmetic dentistry treatment in the Sherman Oaks, CA, dental office.
Contouring and reshaping is an excellent option if:
- You have a pointy tooth: Small points at the bottoms of teeth can be easily removed with contouring and reshaping.
- Your teeth overlap: Do you have slight overlaps between a few teeth? Contouring and reshaping can eliminate overlapping areas and enhance your appearance. Overlapping areas affect tooth appearance and increase your risk of tooth decay. Cavities may develop if plaque becomes trapped in these spots.
- You're concerned about symmetry: A crooked tooth or a tooth that's just a little too long can affect the symmetry of your smile. Removing a small amount of tooth enamel makes a slightly crooked tooth look straighter or a long tooth more uniform.
- You have a chipped tooth: Chips can occur due to wear and tear, eating hard foods or ice, or even using your teeth to open a package. Fortunately, it only takes a few minutes to smooth away unsightly chips with contouring and reshaping.
- Your bite has changed: Bite changes aren't uncommon as you get older. Unfortunately, even a slight change in the way your teeth fit together can cause jaw stiffness, pain, or headaches. Contouring and reshaping offer a simple way to counter the effects of bite changes and improve your comfort.
Are you ready to renew your smile with contouring and reshaping or another cosmetic dentistry treatment? Call (818) 905-5400 to schedule an appointment with your Sherman Oaks, CA, dentists, Dr. Hamer, and Dr. Amir of SC Dental Group.